Thursday, August 16, 2012

Personal Introduction

  Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Doug, and I am a novice to this blogging thing. I have been playing around on the internet since AOL was the main method of surfing the "world wide web", and you had to wait for the little fading add at the top to appear in order to send a message.  I am a 36 year old average Joe Schmo. Just your run of the mill American guy, trying to get by in this ever declining economy.



  I was born in Aurora, Colorado to an awesome mother who is now 55 years old, and a deadbeat father that ran out on us many years ago. Most of my life we have had to fight and work very hard to get anywhere (like most families). Life was not handed to me on a silver platter. I had good days, but for the most part, I was an idiot as a child. That was not my mom's fault, I place all of that blame on my father. I did not have the father figure to raise me like a boy should be raised. My mom did the best that she could. And I personally think she did a pretty good job.



  Like I said, I was an idiot kid when I was growing up. I was getting into fights a lot, I was exposed to drugs at the age of about 8 or 9. When I got into my teens, I turned into a complete hellion. I was smoking weed, experimenting with other drugs, and running around with some really bad people. I was raised, for the majority of my life, in Commerce (Chemical) City. There are not too many reports about good kids coming out of Commerce City and becoming productive citizens. The old hood adage, you reunite with most of your school friends in jail, was very true, especially from Commerce City.

  Once I became an adult, in 1994, Things were not looking real good for me. I was still hanging out with gangs and other undesirables. By that time I was addicted to MiniThins (legal speed), smoking weed like it was going out of style, and still doing my experimenting with other drugs. In 1997, I ended up letting fear get the best of me and I admitted to something that almost destroyed my life. In 2000, I was sent to the big house and spent a very very humbling 2 1/2 years becoming a man and witnessing things that would leave the average person dumbfounded and scared to death. Once I got out, I made it a goal in my life to never go back, never become like my father, and always, always try to find the good things in life.



  I was released in May of 2002, on a Thursday afternoon. That was like being born again. From the point that I stepped into the transport van. I made it a point to never do that again (my entire past). I got into the transport van, which smelled like jailhouse cleaning chemicals. I sat down, and never looked back. Of course, I still remember the guys, the rare good times we had, as well as the bad times. That stuff will be burned into my mind until I die. That is one thing that I am glad it did for me. Now I have a vivid recollection of everything that happened. I use those memories and thoughts to keep myself moving forward away from the bad things, and on to the good things in life.

  Life was pretty tough the moment we stopped at a convenience store for some gas and snacks. I had not been in public for 2 1/2 years. I was extremely overwhelmed with everything. We walked into the convenience store and I was terrified. My mom went to the restroom, and I found the nearest unpopulated corner I could find. I was afraid to touch anything, out of fear that I could be arrested for stealing. I just knew that everybody sensed that I was a fresh release from prison. Not one person looked at me, but it felt like I was being watched by everybody. Once my mom came out, I asked her to get me a soda and a candy bar and I went back out to the car in a hurry. I was seriously shaking from head to toe because I was so afraid of being in public.

  Once we got home, I met everybody, and we had a BBQ as my first real meal out of the joint. That night, I thought back to the convenience store and I realized, I need to do something to make myself into somebody that is a good productive citizen. I started learning about the modern internet that we have today. I started on my journey to becoming a good man, not an ex-convict. Of course, there were some major bumps in the road. But, it was just another day in the life of me. I never expected it to be smooth.

   In 2005, I moved to Arkansas with my sister and Brother in-law, and a family friend. There, I found out exactly what it was like to be part of a community. I made friends and had a blast living in the country. I started working as a delivery helper for a small mattress dealer. I worked with them for a little over a year and was canned because of my religion. They will never tell you that of course, but when I am attacked by the boss for printing flyers (which was pre-approved) for a holiday party. You kinda get the hint. Being anything other than Christan, in the buckle of the bible belt, you are considered a demon.

  I then became a laborer for a good friend in Missouri. We built some of the most beautiful pole barns you have ever seen (in my opinion). I had a lot of fun building those pole barns, and I was also able to do farm work. I love animals, and doing actual farm hand work was a blast. I learned how to de-worm a cow, give it antibiotics, weigh it, and load it on to the trailer to head off to the auction or slaughter. Some things happened, and I was pretty much forced to move back to Colorado.

  I started working for a daily labor service and I stayed with them for over a year. During that year, I enrolled in truck driving school and I graduated with a 98% (4.0 GPA). Then, one day one of my friends at the labor service said that the guy he worked for that day was looking for a driver with a valid commercial license. Well, I talked to him and scored the best job I have ever had. I was making $600 a week by the end of my 4 years with the company. I was able to pull myself out of a hole, buy some things I really wanted, and I even became engaged to a girl in the Philippines. During April of 2009 I took a 3 week vacation to the Philippines to meet my fiance.












  Unfortunately, we had to end the relationship. Now, I am back to square 1. I lost my job, and need to get back on track to becoming a good productive man. Just a couple of weeks ago, I started searching the internet for work, and I got the idea to look for at home work on the internet. I actually fount this company that is truly legit. They are called SFI and they are awesome. I have only been there for 18 days, and I'm already at the first income level. It's super easy, and I am having a blast. If you want to make some extra cash doing very easy things, that you don't have to leave home for. Click that link up there labeled SFI. Anyways, that's me in a rather boring nutshell. Leave me any comments and suggestions and I will either reply, or take your advice. Thank you for your time, and check back for updates about my strive to become financially free.

No comments:

Post a Comment